The following items provide some clarification about what listening is and is not, as well as what role listening skills play in effective communication. Some you may have already thought about, others perhaps not. READ MORE »
Posts in category Customer Services
Here are some simple tips to get a dynamite business relationship started:
- Check your body language, words and voice. Your non-verbal signals tell the real story of how you feel. Ensure that if your words are positive, the body and facial
expressions are too. Tight fists or angry eyes with positive words will tell the listener that the message is not sincere or truthful.
- Shift your concentration and put the spotlight on the customer. This is a powerful way to break down barriers and gain cooperation.
As entrepreneurs, we encounter a flood of Small Business challenges when we are starting our businesses and making them grow. We are looking to find out what areas are the most challenging to you and your business. We would love your input on this short survey and please feel free to share it with other small business owners.
Small Business Challenges, Why are they important:
- According to the US Small Business Administration and Census there are over 28 million small businesses.
- Those 28 million small businesses employ 49% of the workforce.
- 23 million of them have less than 20 employees. That is 19% of our American workforce.
- 22 million of them rely solely on them self as the only employee.
- The owners of these businesses make an average of $35,000 a year.
Please take the a minute to help us find out what challenges todays small business owners are facing.
As a business owner, you are likely working seven days a week and upwards to 18 hours a day. Whether you’re a new business owner or well established, this is what entrepreneurs do in order to start, grow and sustain our businesses. Stepping outside of the work paradigm and getting involved in at least one community engagement project is not only good for your community but also good for business.
I want to shine some positive light on the importance of why? Volunteering with a local nonprofit organization will give you and your business greater visibility, create goodwill, and enable you to give back to those who have supported you and your business when you needed it the most. READ MORE »
You attend a buyer’s tradeshow and find that your products are not as sellable or priced right to attract potential retailers and you don’t get the appointments for vendor visits that you anticipated. OR… You give a presentation at the investor’s meeting and find that your projected profits for the next year are not impressive enough for several of your investors to stay active and they opt for exiting rather than extending their current investment contracts. OR… The new factory space you anticipated moving into suddenly becomes unavailable due to new building code requirements and delays the expansion of your business… What will you do now? How will you respond? What will everyone think? Will this be the demise of your business and your professional reputation? READ MORE »